Sunday, July 24, 2005

Yikes

Ok so this is disgusting. I know that brenda blogged about this a couple of days ago and I am a little bit behind the ball but I'm sorry I can't just let this one slide by. Ok first of all the "gay panic" defence is just the same as "white fear" and I am writing a paper dealing with that right now. It's just amazing to me the things that can hold up and even be legitamate defences in our courtrooms. "White Fear" is basically a defence that says that the defendant was so afraid of said non-white (usually black) person that they felt as if they had to kill them. This is basically self-defence against someone's race. This defence can be and has been used and successful before in courts. I don't know what everybody else seems to think but to me... claiming this defence is basically confessing to a hate crime which should buy you more time in prison not get you off. If I am saying to you that I am so afraid of black people that I had to kill the one that was in front of me at the time... isn't that basically saying that you killed him because he/she was black? The same thing goes for "gay panic"... it goes something like this "oh my god I thought that guy was hitting on me so I killed him" or in this case "I thought my son might be gay so I beat him until he slipped into a coma and died" hmmm... doesn't that just scream hate crime!!! He KILLED HIS SON BECAUSE HE THOUGHT THAT THE 3 YEAR OLD WAS GAY!!! Come on people does anyone else see where I am going with this. First of all I wouldn't be surprised if he has or would be involved in ANOTHER hate crime against a gay person and lets be real either this guy has some pretty intence gaydar to pick up on a 3 year old OR he is a little too touchy about this issue. Ok so I guess that's it on my rant on this guy but there are just three words for this story... Oh My God!

No comments: