Saturday, April 02, 2005

Playing Catch up With Books.

#5- Getting Mother's Body by Suzan-Lori Parks So... I really thought that I had written this up already so if I just couldn't find it I apologize. This was another book pick by Rocky... another good one if I do say so myself. I enjoyed this novel alot. It's quick to get through because it is hard to put down. I suggest that everyone read it.

#6- Like Coming Home: Coming out Letters Edited by Meg Umans
Ok this was great... A bit redundant but then again I guess a lot of people go through alot of the same things when coming out to their family and friends. I found myself connecting to alot of the things that were talking about... it really makes you think... a quick read and I recommend it.

#7- In Your Face Stories from the Lives of Queer Youth by Mary L. Gray... Ok this book kinda went along with #6 it was a group of young queers sharing their ideas and experiences about different issues. Each of the people had an essay in each of the chapters discussing many of the issues that young queer people face in their daily lives... from school to the internet it's all there. It was interesting and again I could see the connections between their expereinces and mine on numerous accounts. another good quick read. (They have to be quick when you are only reading for fun inbetween school books).

#8- Breath, Eyes, Memory by Edwidge Danticat... this was another book that I read for my Global Literar4y Discourses class. It's about a young girl sent from Haiti to New York to live with her long estranged mother. It's really a great novel and I would definitly recomend it to anyone who has the time to read it... (also an Oprah book lol).

No comments: