Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Go Fag

Hey all just a little update cause I haven't been writing very often. F.A.G. the Feminist Action Group that I am in had a day of mourning today. This was a day set up to show our rage and dissapointmen at the outcome of the election and to mourn the death of our rights and our soldiers in Iraq. It was surprisingly a very successful event. There was a great turn out and we definitly turned alot of heads. Masani spoke... that's right.. the one and only Alexis "Masani" Devoux... who I know personally lol... (I've been spanked by Masani lol) She was amazing. We held a rally outside of the student union and symbolically burned our rights in an oil drum which I must say was a very good idea. We were once again covered by the school newspaper the spectrum, and all of this was followed by an open mic speak out where many MANY people took the mic and said their piece. It was a great day. We then marched through the student union, The Center of the Arts and Alumni Arena. I must admit that the students opening up the doors to their classrooms and cheering us on was an inspiration to all of us. Congrats to all of the F.A.G members you have once and again lifted my spirits and shown me that there are people out there that actually care and think the same way I do.
On another note everything in my life has been going pretty well. Jessie and Bren are the light of my life. School is quite a lot to deal with and Bren has been doing everything she can to help out which I thank her for. I dont know what else to say right now cause it is 12am and I need to be up to take bren to work at 5:30 so I should be sleeping. I just want to curl up and cuddle so I will write again soon. :)

No comments: