Saturday, March 11, 2006

In review

So it's been about a year since the craziness of last year. For those of you who don't remember that would be the 5 funerals in a matter of 4 months. There was Brenda's grandpa, then my grandma, TJ, my grandpa, and then Masani's partner. So needless to say at this time last year things were a little rough. But it looks like we have made it and we are hoping that this year will be a little bit better... ok who are we kidding ALOT better. Unfortunately I do have some bad health news to report. So far this year Brenda's Grandmother has been diagnosed with alzheimers disease, my grandfather's sister (my auntie Sara) passed away a couple of days ago in South Carolina, and my Aunt's Chemo isnt' going so well. Unfortunately it looks like we might be in for another rough year and my thoughts are bombarded by the circumstances.

On a note about last year I was thinking about everyone and everything so I decided to go back and check my blog posts from the time and I found a comment that was posted a couple of months ago that I had never seen. Under the posting of TJ's obituary was a comment from his mother saying that she was searching the web for things about TJ and found my blog. She said that it made her feel really good to know that I was remembering him in it and that I should get in touch with her (which I fully intend to do now that I have found the comment). Now I find myself wishing that I had posted more than just an obituary because I do have many memories of TJ that I would have loved for her to read. Unfortunately there was so much other stuff going on that I neglected to do so at the time. I just want his mom to know if she is reading this that TJ is still and forever in our hearts and that that is something that will never change with time. RIP TJ we all love you and miss you tremendously.

First and foremost in my mind right now is my aunts health. She is by far one of the most important people in my life and she means more than the world to me. She has been fighting cancer for over 5 years now and she has proven to me just how much of a fighter she is time and time again. Some of my best memories of my childhood involve my aunt and I actually have a full photo album dedicated to all of the things we used to do when we would go visit her. When we were little Aunt Anne and Monique lived right outside of Boston and we used to go out to visit her on our school breaks and durring the summer. They taught me how to Ski ("this is the most horrible day of my life"), they taught me how to ice skate, they took us sleding, they taught me how to ride a horse, they influenced my mother to let us get a dog, and they took my sister and I to Zoom Flume in the Catskills for a weekend of "summer water fun." There are pictures of Sharon and I sleeping in our Raggedy Anne and Andy sleeping bags on their floor curled up with one of there numerous stuffed animals in hand. As of right now all I know is that the Chemo she was taking this time has stopped working and she is awaiting an appointment in Boston to find out what the next step in the treatment is and we are all waiting anxiously with her too. I really have to plan a trip up to Vermont to see her and I know that it has been way too long.

No comments: